The name “Jumia” is not new to Africans. It’s the largest online retail store in Africa, making a lot of household and office items available to people.
Jumia Food, a subsidiary of Jumia, allows people to order meals from restaurants online and pay upon delivery. In this post, you will learn how to start selling on Jumia Food, its requirements, benefits, how much it cost, and many more.
Jumia Food, formerly known as Hello Food, is a food delivery service that gives people access to many restaurants in their city in Nigeria and a few other African countries.
How does Jumia Food work?
The Jumia Food app works in a very simple and straightforward way.
- A customer places an order on your restaurant through the Jumia Food app
- As a seller, you will quickly prepare the food according to the customer’s preference
- Jumia Riders will pick up the food from your restaurant and deliver it to your customer
- The customer will pay on delivery
Also note that:
- The customer can also pay online
- Jumia Riders don’t necessarily have to come to your restaurant to pick the food. You can take it to any of their VDO stations
- Jumia service will make due payments into your bank account at regular intervals. You will be informed each time that payment has been made
Benefits of selling on the Jumia Food app
There are many benefits of selling on the Jumia Food app. Some of them are mentioned here.
- As a restaurant owner or manager, you will have an increase in sales
- You can connect with millions of customers through the Jumia Food service
- It’s always free to open your Jumia Food store on the internet
- The training is also free. No tutorial fees will be demanded from you
- You will have access to express delivery. Whenever a customer orders food and you accept it, you don’t have to worry about the delivery. Jumia Riders will take care of that
Jumia Food supported countries and regions
Jumia Food is available in some African countries, but not all regions or states of each country are covered. Below are the countries supported and the states/regions where Jumia Food service is available.
- Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan
- Kenya: Nairobi, Eldoret, Kisumu, Mombasa, Nakuru, Kajiado, Kiambu
- Ghana: Accra, Tema, Kumasi
- Uganda: Kampala, Entebbe
- Morocco: Casablanca, Marrakech, Rabat, Agadir, Meknès, Tanger, Fès & more
- Ivory Coast: Abidjan
- Algeria: Algiers, Oran, Blida, Boumerdès, Tizi Ouzou
- Senegal: Dakar
- Tunisia: Tunis
Requirements for becoming a seller on the Jumia Food app
To become a seller on the Jumia Food app, you need to provide the details below:
- Your full name
- Your valid email address
- A valid phone number that can be used to reach you
- The type of food service you run. It can be a restaurant, convenience store, grocery store, liquor store or others
- The legal (registered) name of your restaurant or food store
- The address of your establishment, and the branches (if you have)
- The number of establishments (outlets) that are in service
- Your Bank account details.
How to become a seller on Jumia Food?
Registration is simple and can be done in less than 5 minutes.
- On the application page, you will need to provide the details listed in the requirements, and then fill out the remaining form correctly
- Activate your account. To do this, a Jumia Food staff will speak with you
- Create your account and upload your food menu
- Another Jumia Food staff will train you on how to sell to customers on Jumia Food and monitor your orders
Once you are fully registered and trained as a Jumia Food vendor, you will have access to the Seller Center. The Jumia Food Seller Center is where you will manage your online store.
From there, you can monitor your sales, add products, update your product information, have an overview of actual sales amongst several other things.
To list your products on the Jumia Food service, you can follow this guide.
How to deliver your order on Jumia Food?
Once a customer orders one of your food products, you have 24 hours to get it ready for delivery. To make this possible, the Jumia Food Service provides two different options.
- Prepare the food product and drop it in one of their VDO stations
- Subscribe to a Jumia Express Delivery Service
In the first option, you are responsible for the storage, preservation, and packaging of your orders. Jumia will only take care of the delivery, nothing more.
In the second option, you just have to prepare the food item and submit it to Jumia Express Service. They will take care of it and make it available for sale. Jumia will package your product and deliver it to your customers.
How much does it cost to sell on Jumia Food?
The Jumia Food Service is free for all registered vendors.
Every time you make a sale through the Jumia Food app, a commission will be charged. That commission is Jumia’s profit for providing you with an online store and maintaining it 24/7.
Jumia Food app download
You can download and install the Jumia Food app in the following ways.
The bottom line
After becoming a seller on the Jumia Food app, you should visit your Seller Center many times daily so that you will know whenever a customer places an order.
Remember, as a seller on the Jumia Food app, you have a part to play in offering your customers a better selection, better prices, and a high-quality customer experience.