Bolt is a logistics service that makes urban mobility more affordable, safe, and sustainable. Bolt is not new to most people, as it helps them save time and money, reduce stress, and improve cities.
Bolt has also empowered many people, including drivers, couriers, restaurants, and store owners. They all make money with Bolt while growing their businesses.
Bolt Food, a subsidiary of Bolt, is a food delivery service that allows customers to order their favourite foods from their favourite restaurants. The meal will be delivered directly to their doorstep, quickly and easily.
In this post, you will learn how to start selling on the Bolt Food app, the requirements, benefits, how much it costs, and lots more.
How does Bolt Food work in Nigeria?
The Bolt Food app is fast and easy to use. Its mode of operation has been explained below.
- A customer will order a food product from your restaurant (or food store) through the Bolt Food app
- Being a seller on Bolt Food, you will prepare the customer’s order
- A Bolt courier (driver or rider) will pick up the order and deliver it to your customer
- Your customer is happy, you are happy (because you just made money) and the Bolt courier is also happy.
Benefits of selling on Bolt Food in Nigeria
As a restaurant or food store owner, partnering with Bolt Food in Nigeria can help bring long-term success to your business.
Here are some of the benefits that you stand to gain when you partner with Bolt Food.
- Boost your sales just after opening your restaurant, or a new branch
- You can connect with millions of new customers through the Bolt Food app
- Delivery will be taken care of by Bolt Food. That way, you will have more than enough time to prepare your customers’ orders
- Your marketing efforts are automatic. You will appear in customers’ “Food Near Me” searches and “Special” dishes
- Know how your customers feel about the Bolt Food app. It’s a Nigerian custom that customers will not tell you what you did wrong, they will just stop patronizing you. But with the Bolt Food in-app reviews, you can know your shortcomings and how to prevent the further occurrence in the future
Bolt Food supported States in Nigeria
Just like you might have guessed, Bolt Food services are not available in all Nigerian States.
Bolt Food Delivery Service was first launched in Estonia in August 2019. The service is also available in South Africa, Ghana, and Kenya.
Bolt Food came to Nigeria in October 2021. For now, only some parts of Lagos are covered by the Bolt Food app. However, Mr Femi Akin-Laguda, Bolt Nigeria’s Country Manager has promised the extension of Bolt Food to other parts of Nigeria as time goes on.
Requirements for becoming a seller on the Bolt Food app
To become a seller on the Bolt Food app, you need to provide the details below.
- The registered business name of your restaurant or food store
- The official email address of your business
- Your phone number
- Your full name
- The city where your restaurant is located
- Your Bank account details
How to become a seller on the Bolt Food app?
To become a Bolt Food seller, you can apply here.
Partnering with Bolt Food can be faster and easier than you think.
- On the registration page, you should fill in the application form with the details listed in the requirements
- A Bolt Food staff will contact you and let you know a few things
- Create your account
- Set up your profile
- Set your desired working hours
- Upload your food menu
- Start making more sales on the go. Relax and watch your food business grow
How to deliver your food orders on Bolt Food?
After a customer places an order at your restaurant/food store, prepare the order just in time. Bolt Food couriers will handle the delivery.
Bolt Couriers are also people like you, the only difference is that you are a restaurant owner while they are transport workers. They are also partners with Bolt, and they have their own ratings too.
How much does it cost to sell on Bolt Food?
Becoming a seller on Bolt Food needs no joining fee. There is a commission fee that Bolt uses to cover their cost of operation and profit too.
This commission fee is calculated based on the worth of sales you have.
In case you want Bolt Food to give you a tablet device to manage your orders on their app, your wish will be granted. The beauty in this is that you won’t need to pay for the tablet at once.
A small amount of money will be deducted from your payout whenever you make a sale. This will go on until the total amount of the tablet is paid off.
Bolt Food app download
To partner with Bolt Food and become a seller, you can download the app from the app stores below.
Google Play Store for Android devices
Apple App Store for iOS devices
The bottom line
Managing a restaurant, eatery, or food store can be very stressful even for the most experienced
entrepreneurs. Partnering with Bolt Food can take the issue of logistics off your shoulders.
It’s a good thing to sit back in your restaurant while knowing that your customer will get his/her meals delivered quickly and easily.