Established far back in 1917, the Union Bank of Nigeria (UBN) is one of the most respected financial institutions in the country. They currently have around 3 million customers, 293 service centres, and over 937+ ATMs. In this article, we’ve highlighted all the key things you need to know about Union Bank of Nigeria.
An overview of Union Bank of Nigeria
- 1917: Started banking operations as Colonial Bank
- 1925: Colonial Bank was acquired by Barclays Bank. The name was changed to Barclays Bank DCO
- 1971 – 1979: Become listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- 1990: Changed its name to Union Bank of Nigeria Plc (UBN)
- 1993: The federal government fully privatized the bank by selling its shares
- Acquired the former Universal Trust Bank Plc and Broad Bank Ltd. Union Bank further absorbed its one-time subsidiary, Union Merchant Bank Ltd
- June 2022: TitanTrust Bank Limited signed a deal to acquire over 90% stake of Union Bank
UBN currently has around 3 million customers, 293 service centres, and over 937+ ATMs.
Union Bank internet banking
UBN internet banking makes life easier by making UnionOnline available to all interested users. UnionOnline is a service that allows customers to access their bank account on their smartphones, laptop, desktop computers and other digital devices.
Registration for Union Bank internet banking
You can sign up for Union Bank internet banking online or in a physical branch. If you prefer the former, here’s how to go about it.
- Input Unionbankng.com in your browser URL box
- Click on “Internet Banking”
- Click on “Not Enrolled? Sign up now!”
- Provide your account number and click on “Continue”
- Input the OTP to you as an SMS
- Set your username and password, confirm details and click on the “Submit” button
Login to Union bank internet banking
Visit the UBN banking portal to log in and start making transactions on the web.
Union Bank mobile banking
With mobile banking, you can turn your smartphone into your own banking space. UBN has a portable mobile and digital banking solution for users that need it.
- Pay bills like DSTV, GOTV, LCC and PHCN amongst others
- View your account balances and transaction history
- Transfer to Union Bank and other bank accounts
- Buy airtime and data bundles
- Get quick tips, updates on new features, and promotional offers
- Cardless Withdrawal from Union Bank ATMs without debit cards
- Verify transactions
How to download the Union Bank Mobile app
You can download and install the UBN Mobile App from the Google Play Store. It has a small size of 20 MB and over 1 million downloads. It currently has a review rating of 3.4 from over 13,000 users.
If you’re using an iOS device, you can download and install the UBN Mobile App from the Apple App Store.
Union Bank USSD Banking
Union Bank’s USSD code is *826#. You can access this code from any network, but it should be on the phone number linked to your bank account.
UBN short USSD codes
- Check balance: *826*4#
- Buy airtime for yourself: *826*Amount#
- Buy airtime for others: *826*Amount*3rd party mobile No#
- Transfer money to Union Bank: *826*1*Amount*Account No#
- Transfer money to other banks: *826*2*Amount*Account no#
- Cardless withdrawal: *826*7*amount#
- Locate a branch/Union Direct Agent: *826*19#
- Request a debit card: *826*21#
- Request a loan: *826*41#
- Data purchase: *826*9#
- Pay merchants (mCash): *826*22*merchant code*amount#
- Data capture after enrolment: *826*3*account no#
- Card management (block and unblock card): *826*21#
Union Bank customer care
If you have any complaints or enquiries, you can always contact Union Bank. They have customer support staff that will attend to you.
Customer care number
- UnionCare: +234-1-2716816, 07007007000
- WhistleBlower Hotline: 08008476337
- WhatsApp: 09070070001
Union Bank of Nigeria head office address
Union Bank has a head office in Nigeria where they manage the banking services they offer. You can also visit the head office if you have any complaints or enquiries, wish to open a new bank account physically or obtain a loan.
- Nigeria: Stallion Plaza 36, Marina P.M.B 2027 Lagos, Nigeria
- United Kingdom: Union Bank UK PLC, 1 King’s Arms Yard, London, EC2R 7AF
Union Bank financial products and services
You can open UBN accounts and enjoy competitive interest rates with flexible withdrawals. There are many types of accounts specially designed to suit almost all individual needs.
See the types of accounts available at Union Bank.
A UBN Debit Card allows customers to withdraw their funds whenever they want, shop at over 30 million merchants in 210 countries and make online payments on local and international websites.
You can apply for a debit card once you open an account at any Union Bank branch in Nigeria. Learn more about UBN Debit Cards.
Elite Banking is another financial service provided by Union Bank of Nigeria. It offers benefits that meet the personal, financial and lifestyle needs of many customers.
Users will enjoy discounts and rewards at stores, hotels and with other lifestyle partners. They can also access lounges whenever they visit a physical branch office.
Learn more about UBN Elite Banking.
Also similar to Elite Banking, but a little bit more superb. It’s mainly for the rich and privileged royals. Customers will have access to discounts and rewards at stores, hotels and with other lifestyle partners.
Learn more about UBN Royalty Banking.
Union Bank loans
If you’re a customer that receives his/her monthly income in a Union Bank account, then you may be eligible to apply for and obtain various loan products at competitive rates.
If you happen to obtain a loan for 2-5 years and repay on/before the due date, the bank will give you access to cashback rewards. Here are the different types of payroll loans you can get from Union Bank.
- Personal Loan
- Salary Advance
- Back-to-school Finance
- Senior Citizen Loan
- UnionFlexi Loans
- Mortgage Loans
This loan does not require you to be present at a UBN branch. If you’re a salary earner, you can obtain up to 50% of your salary and pay it back within a month without stress.
Note that you don’t require collateral or any paperwork to get a digital payday loan.
What if you’re not a salary earner? If you’re a business owner with no specific monthly income, then you may be eligible for one of the non-payroll loans provided by UBN. They include:
- Self-employed Loans
- Self-employed Revolving Overdraft
- Cash-backed Loans
How to apply for UBN loans
Visit the Union Bank loan products to see all options..
You can apply for loans online or by visiting a physical branch.
Union Bank has a website where you can see all information about them on the web and learn more about their services. The website is Unionbankng.com.
Union Bank Swift Code information
A SWIFT code is a set of 8 or 11 digits that represents a bank branch. You’ll need to use one when sending money internationally.
|Bank Name||Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc|
|Bank Address||Stallion Plaza 36, Marina P.M.B 2027 Lagos, Nigeria|
Union Bank branch locations
Do you find yourself in serious need to visit a physical office? You don’t need to stress yourself at all. The Union Bank of Nigeria has a branch locator where all their branches are listed on.