Elderly care jobs in the U.S. with visa sponsorship (2024)

The need for caregivers with specialized training in senior care is rising as the number of older individuals in the US increases. Many American organizations are actively looking for skilled individuals from across the globe to fill these crucial jobs since there is a shortage of nursing care in the country.

The Visa Sponsorship Program provides an excellent opportunity for employers to find the most skilled workers around the globe. American employers that meet the requirements for competent foreign workers can sponsor foreign workers to come to the US and work for them. The following particular visa types may be applicable:  

  • H-1B Visa: Employers are permitted to employ qualified individuals in specific fields, such as elderly care, under the H-1B visa. Normally, it is awarded for three years at first, with the possibility of a six-year extension.  
  • TN Visa: Under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement, nationals of Canada and Mexico are granted TN visas (NAFTA). It permits eligible people to work in the US for a maximum of three years with extensions, including guardians.  
  • EB-3 Visa: This kind of immigrant work permit is suitable for nursing assistants who are employed by a U.S. company. Employment certificates and job applications that companies submit on behalf of employees fall under this category of visas.   

General requirements

Depending on the particular position and company, there are differences in the criteria and qualifications for elderly care positions in the US. Most occupations just need a high school degree or its equivalent, although others may call for certification or more training. It is crucial to investigate the particular competencies and prerequisites needed for the desired position and seek advice from recruiting managers or companies.

In general, most employers will require you to meet the below qualifications to be considered eligible for hire. 

  • You have to be at least eighteen years old.
  • You need to speak English well.
  • Drug tests need to be completed successfully.
  • Criminal background checks from the nation of your birth must also be cleared.
  • Two years or more of experience in the position.
  • A CNA, CHCE, or CHHA certification might be necessary.
  • Certification in First Aid.
  • Make sure all of your vaccinations are current.

Companies Offering Visa Sponsorships for Elderly Care Jobs

Around a million live-in and other caregiver positions are now available from caregiver agencies. You may make as much as $10 to $15 per hour as a foreign worker who is qualified and experienced to work as a live-in caregiver full-time or as a part-time caregiver for the elderly.

There are many employment vacancies on the Internet and an increasing need for live-in caretakers. All you have to do is hunt for full-time jobs. There are also part-time jobs available; it just depends on your preferences and the length of time you want to work there.

Due to elderly care workers being in high demand, a lot of companies are hiring overseas workers and are willing to sponsor their visas for them to work for them. As a foreigner hoping to relocate to the US, you must find an employer that is willing to sponsor your visa. Luckily for you, there a quite a number of them, and I’ve listed a few below: 

Company Hourly Rate
Sunrise Senior Management Inc.$16.45
Norwood Crossing$26.45
Synergy Home Care$16.52
Bridge Investment Group$16.56
Home Care Griswold$16.57
Craig Hospital$17.69
New Jersey’s Oxford Health$24.21
Yale New Haven Health$25.46
Home Watch Caregivers$16.72
Danbury Hospital$17.75
Care Advantage$16.73

You can also find elderly care jobs with visa sponsorship on several job boards online like Indeed, SimplyHired, Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, Google Jobs, and many more. 

How to Apply for Elderly Caregiver Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship

Applying for the elderly caregiver job as a foreigner is not always the easiest of things to do. However, it’s always easier when you already have a valid visa or sponsorship from your employer. 

You will need an EB-3 Visa to become a carer in the United States of America, the best way to achieve this is for an employer to sponsor you for the EB-3 (Other Worker) visa. This is a permanent US visa that allows you to live and work permanently in the United States of America.

If you want to apply for the job, there are many job posting sites available on the internet that you can visit to pick the job you want to apply for. Or you can reach out to the companies I’ve listed above and confirm whether they are hiring. Then you follow the steps outlined by them to apply for the position. You might need to attend an interview and if you’re qualified for the position, you will be given a visa sponsorship in addition to a job offer. 

In conclusion

Elderly care jobs are abundant in the US, so with the right qualifications, you can easily get a job even if you are a foreigner. To tackle the issue of getting a visa, seek companies and employers that offer visa sponsorships. Fortunately, there are several of them, so you can take your pick. 

Don't miss a thing. Follow us on Telegram and Follow us on WhatsApp. If you love videos then also Subscribe to our YouTube ChannelWe are on Twitter as MakeMoneyDotNG.

Habibat Musa

Habibat Musa

Habibat Musa is a content writer with MakeMoney.ng. She writes predominantly on topics related to education, career and business. She is an English language major with keen interest in career growth and development.

Articles: 97

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *