Instagram is a social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos across the platform. In this post, you will learn how to create an Instagram account, both on desktop and mobile devices.
What is Instagram, and how does it work?
Instagram is a social media platform owned by Meta, the parent company of Facebook. It allows users to share photos and videos across its platform.
On Instagram, you can take, edit, and publish visual content to share with other users. You can also connect with friends, families, thought leaders, celebrities, and even brands.
Also Read: How to find customers on Instagram
How to access Instagram
On the web
You can assess Instagram on the web, either on your phone or desktop. Launch your web browser (Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc).
Copy and paste the link below into your URL address box: https://www.instagram.com/accounts/emailsignup/?hl=en
On Android devices
If you want to use Instagram on your Android phone, you can use the web version or download and install the standalone mobile app from the Google Play Store.
On iOS devices
If you want to use Instagram on any iOS device, you can use the web version or download and install the standalone mobile app from the Apple App Store.
Recommended: 18 Small business ideas you can start on Instagram
How to create an Instagram account on Android or iOS
- Install Instagram from Google Play Store or App Store. It may take a minute or two, depending on your network speed.
- Launch the app and click on the “Sign Up” button when the first page loads.
- Input your email address in the required fields and press the “Next” button when you’re done.
You can also choose to create an account with your Facebook details.
- On the next page, create a unique username and password for your Instagram account. Provide a strong password and also input it in the second box.
The two passwords must match before you can proceed with creating your Instagram account.
- The next thing to do is to upload a profile picture, create your Instagram bio, or a link to your personal website. However, most users skip this part, since they can do it later from within the mobile app.
- Click on the Next button. Congratulations, your Instagram account is up and running.
How to create an Instagram account on desktop
- From a web browser, copy and paste Instagram.com into the URL address box.
- Once the page loads, input the required account creation details. The details will include your:
Valid email address
- Click the “Sign Up” button to create your Instagram account. It is located at the bottom of the page.
- Go to your account page and click on the “Edit Profile” button. It is located at the top right corner of your Instagram name.
- Add any information that you want to be visible on your Instagram profile.
This includes a link to your website, a profile picture and your Instagram bio. Note that all these are optional, but they are necessary for an optimized Instagram account.
You Might Be Interested In: How to become a Fashion Blogger on Instagram and get paid
To login to your Instagram account on the web, navigate to instagram.com. for mobile, simply launch the Instagram app on your Android or iOS app. If you have linked your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you can also use your Facebook account to sign in.
Frequently asked questions on how to create an Instagram account
Of course, you can. In fact, you can add up to 5 Instagram accounts and switch between them without having to log in every time.
Note that you must update your Instagram mobile app to the latest version, or at least version 7.15 before you can enjoy this benefit. The same thing applies to iOS devices as well.
There are no specific ways to go about this. However, here are some tips you can follow to reduce your chances of being discovered by your busybody friends.
From your settings, make your Instagram account private.
Don’t use your real picture in your profile photo. You can use a sports picture, a celebrity, or any cause you believe in.
Don’t add your name and website. In your bio, don’t add any info that may lead back to you.
Use an anonymous email.
Suggested: How to make money on Instagram (Complete guide)
Definitely yes. Note that the Facebook sign-up and log-in options are only optional.
If you don’t have a Facebook account or you don’t want your Facebook details to be associated with your Instagram account, you can use your email address to sign up.
That depends on if you want other people to find you by your real identity. If you want your friends to easily find and connect with you, you should use your real name on Instagram.
If your Instagram account is for professional or business purposes, then you have more reasons to go by your real identity. That way, customers can easily find your username and profile on Instagram.
Optimize your Instagram bio
Post creative content
Post at strategic times (not at random)
Use the right hashtags
Interact with other users
Collaborate with influencers
Recommended For You: How to GROW your INSTAGRAM account