Telegram is a free and secure messaging service. It has enhanced security and privacy, due to its advanced levels of encryption. In this post, you will learn how to create a Telegram account. We’ll also talk about Telegram X, and which is better between the two.
What is Telegram, and how does it work?
Telegram is a social media (more of a messaging and media sharing) platform that allows users to enjoy privileges of free messaging, high file transfer limit, and high upload and download speeds, amongst many other benefits.
You can use telegram to send messages at a faster rate. Unlike WhatsApp which has a limited number of 250 group members, Telegram offers much more (200,000 group members). Users are also allowed to create channels and have an unlimited number of subscribers.
How to access Telegram on desktop and mobile
Use telegram on the web
You can access and use your Telegram account on the web. Launch your web browser and paste “web.telegram.org” into the URL address box.
Use Telegram on windows
You can access and use Telegram on any PC using Windows OS. Visit this page to download the Telegram Desktop app for Windows ×64 bit.
Use Telegram on MacBooks
You can access and use Telegram on any PC using Mac OS. Visit this page to download the Telegram Desktop app for MacBooks.
Use Telegram on Android devices
If you want to use Telegram on your Android phone, you can use the web version or download and install the mobile app from the Google Play Store.
Use Telegram on iPhones
If you want to use Telegram on any iOS device, you can use the web version or download and install the mobile app from the Apple App Store.
How to create a Telegram account on Android and iPhone devices
1. After downloading the Telegram mobile app from either the Google Play or Apple App Store, launch the app. Click on “Start Messaging” to begin the account creation process.
2. On the next page, provide your country code and phone number. Click on the blue arrow to proceed.
3. A confirmation code will be sent to the phone number as an SMS. You can also receive it as an automated voice call from an AI machine.
Either way, input the verification code from Telegram and continue.
4. You’re now good to go. Input your name and upload a profile picture in the “Settings” menu.
Unlike other social media and messaging platforms, Telegram doesn’t compress profile pictures and images, at least not to a point where a reduction in quality will be noticed.
How to log in and use your Telegram account on desktop (Windows)
1. Click here to download the Telegram desktop setup for Windows. Install and launch it.
2. Click on “Start Messaging” and select your region.
3. Provide the phone number that you’re using with your Telegram account on your mobile device.
4. A verification code will be sent to the phone number. Provide the phone number and click on the “Next” button to finish the configuration.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Click the telegram menu button from your main page (on mobile)
2. Click on your profile picture or avatar
3. Click on “username”
4. You’ll see something like “This link opens a chat with you.”
6. After this text, you’ll see a link below it. If your username is “Makemoneyng“, you’ll see something like: https://t.me/makemoneyng
7. Click on the link and it will be automatically copied to your clipboard
Yes, and no. Telegram X is completely separate from the main telegram application. It is based on a new code base but has all the basic messaging features.
You can consider Telegram X as the lite version of Telegram. It has a very fast and responsible user experience. This is due to the reduced animations and overall app size.
If you have little storage or memory on your Android device, you can download Telegram X from the Google Play Store.
If you’re looking for a direct answer on which is better between Telegram and Telegram X, you can make your choice in this article.
While the latter is faster and saves data, it’s not available on the Apple App Store. This means only Android users can enjoy Telegram X at the moment of writing this article.
Aside from that, Telegram X doesn’t support invite links. You can’t join a group or channel through an invite link unless the admin manually adds you.
Also, some Telegram X users have complained of low image quality due to compression. Weigh the pros and cons and decide if you prefer it and will rather stick with the normal Telegram app.
Note that you can have both apps on your phone and log in with the same account.
Yes. Telegram has end-to-end encryption, which means only you (and the other user) can access your conversations. No other person, not even Telegram itself can access them.
There are many differences, but here are the most noticeable two.
1. Visibility: In a Telegram group, all the participants can check and see other members of the group. On the other hand, a Telegram channel subscriber cannot see other subscribers.
2. Number of participants: A Telegram group can only have up to 200,000 members. Telegram channels are allowed to have an unlimited number of subscribers.