How to create a Facebook account for yourself or business
Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world, with about 3 billion users in most countries of the world. In this post, you will learn how to create a Facebook account for yourself or your business.
What is a Facebook account, and how does it work?
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to create free accounts, connect with friends and link with other people that they haven’t met in person.
Facebook allows all users to post and share pictures, music, videos, and articles. You can share your own thoughts and views concerning any matter. You can also react to posts from other people by liking, commenting and replying to other comments.
Also Read: How to find customers on Facebook
How to access Facebook?
On the web
You can access Facebook on the web, either on your phone or desktop. Launch your web browser (Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc).
Copy and paste this link (facebook.com) into your URL address box.
On Android devices
If you want to use Facebook on your Android phone, you can use the web version or download and install the full mobile app from the Google Play Store.
Preferably, you can download the Facebook Lite version, which is usually 1 MB. However, it may vary depending on the type of phone you’re using.
On iOS devices
If you want to use Facebook on any iOS device you can use the web version or download and install the mobile app from the Apple App Store.
You can use the Facebook iOS version on multiple Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Apple TVs.
How to create a personal Facebook account on a computer (desktop)
- On your web browser, copy and paste facebook.com into the URL address box.
- Once the registration page loads, provide your first name, last name, email address, password, birthday, and gender.
If it is indicated that your password is not strong enough, then you should add more characters to it.
- Press the “Sign Up” button to create your Facebook account. If all the details are correct, a verification code will be sent to the email address you provided.
- It may take a few minutes before the email gets to your inbox. Once it does, click on it to activate your account.
How to create a personal Facebook account on a phone (mobile)
- You can use Facebook on mobile browsers as well, but the overall user experience won’t be as comfortable as on the mobile app. Get the app on your mobile device.
- Launch the app and click on “Create Facebook Account.”
- On the next page, provide your first and last name.
- Input your date of birth and select your gender.
- Input your mobile number in the required field. It will be verified through SMS.
- Choose a password and click on the Register button. If your password is not good enough, Facebook will ask you to go back and change it.
Don’t Miss: How to make money on Facebook (Complete Guide)
How to create a Facebook business page
A Facebook Page can be used to promote a small brand or even a large company.
However, users can also use it to reach many other fans of a celebrity, promote their websites, or build a community based on a topic that interests them.
If you want to create a Facebook page for your business, here’s how to go about it.
- From a web browser, navigate to facebook.com/pages/create
- Select the type of page you want to create. There are 6 different categories that you can choose from:
Local place or business
Company, organization, or institution
Brand or product
Artist, music group, or public figure
Cause or community
If you’re a business or profit-oriented entity, you will easily fit into one of these categories. If you can’t find the right match, you can just choose the one that works best.
- Provide a name for your Facebook business page.
- Upload the profile and cover images.
- Indicate whether you want to automatically respond to messages sent by other users.
- Fill in all the required details on your Facebook business page. There are 4 categories to fill in:
Contact (phone, web, email, and related links)
Location (If your business has a physical location)
- Customize all the tabs to your liking. You should also add a call to action button (CTA). That way, visitors can contact you directly or perform any action you want them to.
Congratulations. You just created a Facebook page for your business. Don’t forget to post content regularly and also respond to comments and messages from your followers.
Recommended: 10 Business ideas you can start on Facebook in 2022
To login to your Facebook account, navigate to Facebook.com. And sign in with your username/password. Your username can be your email or your phone number. For mobile, simply launch the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
Frequently asked questions on how to create a Facebook account for yourself or business
If you have storage problems on your phone, you can download Facebook Lite. This is a reduced version of the Facebook application, as it requires much less space and time to install.
Facebook Lite still retains almost all basic functions of the normal application. It has been removed from the Apple App Store but is still available on the Google Play Store.
Although you might have come across many users that even have more than 2 Facebook accounts, it is against the Facebook Community Standards.
Each Facebook user must own and maintain only one personal account.
If any user wants to have a Facebook account for their business, organization, brand, or product, they can use their personal account to create and manage a Facebook business page.
But how about your friends that have multiple Facebook accounts? How come they are not banned?
Although Facebook doesn’t allow users to create multiple accounts, you can still bypass this rule by using different email addresses for each account.
Don't miss a thing. Follow us on Telegram. If you love videos then also Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We are on Twitter as MakeMoneyDotNG.