Established as Societe Generale Bank in the late 1970s, Heritage Bank was rebranded in 2013. Today, Heritage Bank has 127 branches, 202 automated banking centres and over 350 ATMs in all states of the country.
In this article, we’ve highlighted everything you need to know about Heritage Bank and the financial services it provides.
An overview of Heritage Bank
- The 1970s: Established as Societe Generale Bank (Nigeria)
- 2006: Closed down due to inability to meet the minimum operating capital requirements for a National Bank (NGN:25 billion).
- The bank challenged the closure in court for many years.
- 2012: CBN re-issued Societe Generale’s banking license but as a regional bank.
- 2013: Rebranded as Heritage Banking Company Limited. Banking operations commenced in this same year.
- 2014: Heritage Bank finally met the requirements of AMCON and CBN. This is due to their acquisition of Enterprise Bank Ltd.
- 2015: AMCON officially transferred ownership of Enterprise Bank Ltd to Heritage Bank Plc.
As of the moment of writing this article, Heritage Bank has over 125 branches, 4000+ employees, 200+ automated banking centres and over 350 ATMs.
Heritage internet banking
Internet banking allows customers of a particular bank to make financial transactions on the Internet. To use Heritage Internet banking on the web, you should sign up with your account details and then log in.
Registration for Heritage internet banking
You can visit the page here to register for Heritage internet banking. Just provide your bank account number, name, date of birth, and email and follow the prompts.
Log in to Heritage internet banking
Kindly visit this page to log in to the Heritage internet banking portal. Just provide your Username and Password.
Heritage Bank mobile banking
Do you have a smartphone? If yes, then you don’t have to go outdoors whenever you want to make transactions or manage your account. Simply download and install HB Mobile or HB Padie by Heritage Bank.
- Open an account with Heritage Bank
- Update your Profile information (Phone and email)
- Change your password and pin
- Carry out transfers (Local and Domiciliary) to HeritageBank and other banks
- Airtime, data purchase for all networks
- Pay bills and fund wallets
- Purchase movie tickets, event tickets, book flights
- Disable Cards (Temporarily or Permanently)
- Request/ Replace Cards
- Retrieve ATM Pin
- Manage beneficiaries
- Chat, and send money via chat
- Locate Experience Centres / ATMs
- Request/ Send statement to third parties e.g. Embassies, MFBs
- View your BVN
- View your Heritage Bank Account balance(s)
- Generate transaction receipts
How to download the Heritage Bank Mobile app
You can download and install HBMobile from the Google Play Store. It has a small size of 15 MB and over 100,000 downloads. It currently has a review rating of 3.4 from over 533 users. You can also download HB Padie by Heritage Bank.
If you’re using an iOS device, you can download and install HB Padie by Heritage Bank from the Apple App Store.
Heritage USSD Banking
Heritage Bank’s USSD code is *745#. You can access this code from any network, including MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9Mobile. However, the phone number should be linked to your bank account.
Short USSD codes
- Balance Enquiry: *745*0#
- Funds Transfer (Intra): *745*1*Amount*Account Number#
- Funds Transfer (InterBank): *745*2*Amount*Account Number#
- Self-Airtime Recharge: *745*Amount#
- Third-Party Airtime Recharge: *745*Amount*Mobile Number#
- Change USSD PIN: *745*00#
- Bet9ja Top-up: *745*222*Bet9jaUserID*Amount#
- Pay with USSD (on POS & Web): *745*000*RefCode#
- LCC Payment: *745*000*522+etagNo+100#
- Block Account from any phone: *745*11#
Learn more about Heritage Bank USSD banking and shortcodes.
Heritage Bank customer care
If you have any complaints or enquiries, you can always get in touch with Heritage Bank. They have customer support staff that will attend to you.
Customer care number
- 0700 HERITAGE
- For Complaints: Complaints@hbng.com
- For Enquiries: Info@hbng.com
Heritage Bank head office address
Heritage Bank has a head office in Nigeria where they manage the banking services they offer. You can also visit the head office if you have any complaints or enquiries, wish to open a new bank account physically or obtain a loan.
The head office is situated at 292B Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria. You call to see all other branch office locations here.
Heritage Bank financial products, services, and account types
There are many bank account types you can open in Heritage Bank. They include Current Account, Corporate Current, HB Business Account, HB Business Premium, HB Bud Account, Heritage Save Smart, HB Starter, and HB Salary Plus amongst others.
See all Heritage Bank Account types here.
Private Wealth Management
In case you’re interested in Wealth Management and related private services, Heritage Bank offers amazing bespoke financial solutions that deliver a unique banking experience.
This includes Asset Management, Research, Fiduciary and Estate planning. The aim is to meet the specific financial needs of interested customers so they can enjoy the things that matter most to them.
Learn more about Heritage Bank Wealth Management services.
If you’re interested, you can become an agent of Heritage Bank and unlock more banking services. Here are the agent types available for eligible customers.
1. Independent Agent: A customer who will run Heritage Bank’s branded outlet and render financial services to customers on behalf of the bank.
2. Sole Agent: A customer who has an existing business location and wants to provide financial services to customers on behalf of the bank.
3. Super Agent: An organised association/company that refers/aggregates agents for the bank and earns commissions off the agents’ transactions continuously.
4. Aggregator: An individual or organisation/ association/company that sources agents for the bank and earns a one-off referral commission.
You can learn more about Heritage Bank Agent Banking here.
Credit and Debit cards give you access to your bank account on the go. There are many credit and debit cards available at Heritage Bank.
They include Verve Debit Card, Verve Gift Card, Mastercard Prepaid Card, Naira Credit Card and Mastercard Debit Card. You can see all Heritage Bank Cards here.
Heritage Bank loans
Cowry Loan (Personal)
Features and requirements
- Available to ages 22 – 55 years
- Determined by 50% of monthly take home, subject to N3 million limit
- Maximum tenor of 12 months with an equal monthly repayment of principal and interest
- Applicable interest rate: 2.5 % monthly
- Late repayment fee of 1% flat per month (over the approved lending rate) applicable on outstanding unpaid obligation without recourse to Borrower
- Domiciliation of salary with Heritage Bank
- Undertaking by Borrower’s employer to keep salary domiciled with Heritage Bank and gratuity/severance/terminal benefits paid to the bank in event of default
Features and requirements
- The loan amount can be up to 50% of the net monthly salary and a single obligor limit of N500,000
- The repayment term for this product is 30 days subject to the next payday
- Applicants in paid employment must have been working for the current employer for at least six months and must be a confirmed staff
- Interested customers must have been receiving their monthly income in a Heritage Bank account
Features and requirements
- Competitive interest rate
- Discounted vehicle pricing
- Free tracking and vehicle registration
- Manufacturer’s warranty (provided by CIG)
- Comprehensive motor insurance with the Bank noted as the first loss payee
- The loan amount is 33.3% of net monthly income subject to an N10 million single Obligor Limit
- Salary domiciliation with a minimum of 3 months relationship with the bank
- Maximum tenor of 48 months
- Lump-sum repayment & pre-liquidations is allowed without penalty
- Irrevocable letter of payment of terminal benefits and entitlement (to the Bank)
Agric Business Loans
This loan type is for farmers and business owners in the Agriculture Industry. It makes business and farming easier through the:
- Real Sector Support Facility
- Anchor Borrowers Programme
- Paddy Aggregator Scheme (PAS)
- Maize Aggregation Scheme (MAS)
- Commercial Agriculture Credit Credit Scheme
- Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund (MSMEDF)
You can learn more about Heritage Bank’s Agriculture and Business Loans here.
CBN Health Sector Loan
The healthcare sector loan was created to strengthen Nigerians’ capacity to meet the rise in demand for health-related products and services since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible applicants include manufacturers, laboratories, distributors, and other personnel involved in pharmaceutical drugs, medical equipment, and healthcare products.
How to apply for Heritage Bank loans
Kindly visit this page to see all Heritage Bank loans and their application processes. Alternatively, you can contact their customer care or visit a physical branch.
Heritage Bank website
Heritage Bank has a website where you can see all information about them on the web and learn more about their services. The website is HBNG.com.
Heritage Bank Swift Code information
A SWIFT code is a set of 8 or 11 digits that represents a bank branch. You’ll need to use one when sending money internationally.
|Heritage Banking Company Limited
|292B Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria
Heritage Bank branch locations
It’s very easy to locate a Heritage branch, and you don’t have to ask people for directions. Just visit the branch locator to see all their bank offices and addresses.