First City Monument Bank (FCMB) started banking operations in 1982 as the first local bank in Nigeria to be established without government support. Today, FCMB has 7.1 million customers, 206 branches, and a banking subsidiary in the UK.
In this article, we have highlighted the key things you need to know about FCMB and the banking services they offer. We also provided information about their internet banking, mobile banking, USSD banking, current and savings accounts, loans, and many more.
An overview of First City Monument Bank
- 1982: Started as the first local bank in Nigeria to be established without government support.
- 2001: Became a universal bank. Changed name from “First City Merchant Bank” to “First City Monument Bank.”
- 2007: Acquires Cooperative Development Bank, Midas Bank and Nigerian American Bank.
- 2012: Acquired and merged with FinBank Plc.
- 2014: Obtained banking license to operate in the United Kingdom.
As of the moment of writing this, FCMB has 7.1 million customers, 205+ branch offices in Nigeria, and a banking subsidiary in the UK.
FCMB internet banking
FCMB internet banking enables interested customers to control their bank accounts and make any banking transaction on the web.
Registration for FCMB internet banking
It’s very easy to sign up for FCMB internet banking. Visit the FCMB Online Banking Registration portal and provide your account number, name, phone number, and email address.
Login to FCMB internet banking
You can log in to your internet banking account here.
FCMB mobile banking
With FCMB New Mobile, you can manage your FCMB personal and business accounts. You can also control your bank cards and your entire account without visiting a branch office. To get started, download and install the FCMB mobile app on your smartphone.
How to download the FCMB mobile app
You can download and install the FCMB New Mobile App from the Google Play Store. It has a small size of 34 MB and over 1 million downloads. It currently has a review rating of 3.7 from over 14,000 users.
If you’re using an iPhone device, you can download and install FCMB New Mobile App from the Apple App Store.
FCMB USSD banking
FCMB USSD code is *329#. You can access this code from any network. Here are some short key USSD codes that you can use to make transactions and control your bank account easily.
- Dial*329*Amount# to top-up your mobile phone.
- Dial *329*Amount*Mobile number# to top-up other mobile phones.
- Dial *329*Amount*Account number# to transfer funds.
- Dial *329*00# to check your balance.
- Dial *329*0# to reset your PIN or reset/create your transaction code.
- Dial *329*1*Mobile Number# to buy data on any phone.
- Dial *329*2*Amount*Smartcard Number# to pay for DSTv or GOTv subscription.
- Dial *329#, select self-service, and select block card to block your debit card
- Dial *329#, select self-service, and select block account to block your account
- Dial *329#, select self-service, and select link BVN to link BVN
- Dial *329#, select statement, select full statement, then select duration (up to 6 months). Your statement will be sent to your registered email address instantly.
- Dial *329#, select statement then select mini statement to view your last five (5) transactions instantly.
- Dial *329*3*Amount*Meter No# or *329*3*Amount*AccountID# to make your electricity bill payments.
See more FCMB USSD banking codes here.
First City Monument Bank customer care
You can always contact FCMB for questions and complaints. They have customer support staff that will attend to you.
Customer care number
- 09099999814 (WhatsApp)
- 09099999815 (WhatsApp)
FCMB head office address
First City Monument Bank has a head office in Nigeria where they manage the banking services they offer. You can also visit the office if you have any complaints. It is situated at Primrose Tower, 17A, Tinubu Street, Marina, Lagos, Nigeria.
FCMB financial products and services
1. Classic Current Account
If you’re someone that wants to enjoy convenient banking, then this account type may be worth a try. It features an account opening balance of NGN 5,000 and a zero minimum operating balance.
2. Premium Current Account
This banking service has all the features of a current account alongside some extra benefits. Premium customers will enjoy lifestyle perks like discounted air travel, education advisory service and health insurance.
3. Personal Business Account
This is simply a current account that charges no maintenance fees. However, a fixed flat fee will be charged every month.
4. Domiciliary Current Account
FCMB Domiciliary current account is a special type for people that make transactions that extend outside Nigeria. This account enables users to send, receive and save money in foreign currencies (GBP, USD, or EURO).
An FCMB fixed deposit account allows customers to invest an amount for a fixed period and earn a predetermined interest. It gives investors a higher interest rate than a normal savings account.
- Attractive Rates
- More flexible and convenient to set a maturity date
- Provides risk-free return on investment
- Interest rate guaranteed for the fixed duration of the deposit
- Interested users must be at least 18 years of age
- A passport photograph of each authorised signatory
- Proof of identification like an original Passport, Driver’s Licence, National ID card or Voters Cards
- A copy of a recent receipt from any public utilities or private telephone operator from within the past 3 months
- A copy of a residence or work permit (for foreigners)
Learn more about FCMB Fixed Deposits.
Flexx is a saving account specially made for customers between the ages of 18 to 30.
- ₦1,050 opening balance
- Allows lodgment of dividend warrants of up to ₦20,000
- Zero Minimum operating balance
- Free Email transaction notifications
- Free monthly electronic statements
- Branded MasterCard debit card
- Entrepreneurship/Employability Forums
- Interest on savings
- Access to loans for qualified Flexx customers
- Annual interest of 3.75%
- Completed account opening form
- A passport photograph
- A Student ID or document issued by your school
- Your NIN or international passport
Learn more about FCMB Flexx Accounts.
FCMB Premium Banking
This banking service provides exclusive financial and lifestyle solutions. This includes, but is not limited to wealth and asset management, investments, insurance, pensions and retirement planning amongst others.
Learn more about FCMB Premium Banking.
FCMB claims to help customers protect their most important properties by providing them with affordable insurance packages. This is done through their partnership with AXA Mansard Insurance and Cornerstone Insurance.
Learn more about FCMB’s Bancassurance services.
Loans and credit cards
First City Monument Bank provides various loan products and credit cards to customers that need them. We have highlighted the available loans in the section below.
FCMB FastCash loan is fast and requires no collateral or guarantor. It is an instant loan that you can apply for using the *329# USSD code.
Salary Plus Loan
This loan is only available to salary account holders. Eligible customers can apply for and obtain both short-term and medium-term loans.
Premium Salary Loan
This FCMB loan is available to confirmed employees of certain commercial organizations. To qualify, the employee’s company must have been rated on Moody’s with at least an A- rating. Interested loan applicants must earn at least NGN 100,000 per month.
FCMB Auto Loan assists eligible customers in partially funding their purchase of cars for personal use. You can use this loan to buy a car and pay it back later.
If you have an existing investment or savings with FCMB, you can use it as collateral to access loans with competitive interest rates.
How to apply for FCMB loans
First City Monument Bank website
FCMB has a website where you can see all information about them on the web and learn more about their services. The website is FCMB.com.
FCMB Swift Code information
A SWIFT code is a set of 8 or 11 digits that represents a bank branch. You’ll need to use one when sending money internationally.
|Bank Name||First City Monument Bank Limited|
|Bank Address||Primrose Tower, 17A, Tinubu Street, Marina, Lagos, Nigeria|
FCMB branch locations
If you’re trying to locate an FCMB branch in any part of Nigeria, you don’t have to start asking around. The bank already has a website where all of its branches and addresses are listed on. Visit the FCMB Branch Network and click on your State/region.