The Abeg mobile app was an application developed by Abeg Technologies. Abeg Technologies is one of the many fast-growing Fintech companies in Nigeria. It has since been acquired by PiggyTech Global Limited and rebranded as Pocket.
This app was co-founded by Dare Adekoya, Michael Okoh, and Muheez Akanni. This was in 2019.
Abeg Technologies is one of the sponsors of the Big Brother Naija Season 6. Since a large number of Nigerian youths are fans of this program, the Abeg app has been commercially promoted all over social media platforms. That shot it into the limelight.
With the Abeg app, you can send, receive, and request money from other Nigerians on the app. You can also withdraw to your bank account at ease and convert it to cash.
How the Abeg app works
The Abeg app allows its users to send and receive money from other users. You can also request money from other users on the platform.
This app is similar to the Cash app, both in features and functionality. It has a smooth user interface and it’s fast and responsive. It’s user-friendly and simple to understand.
Sending money on the Abeg app is very easy compared to other Nigerian banks. Instead of inputting account numbers and filling in bank details, you can just collect their Abeg tag and the rest is done.
The same also applies when you want to request money from someone on the app.
Giveaways on the Abeg App
Apart from sending and receiving money, there are also Giveaways on the Abeg app. Once you join the app, you can take part in giveaways hosted by other users. Who knows, you might be one of the lucky winners.
Features of the Abeg app
There are many features on the Abeg app besides sending and receiving money or taking part in a giveaway.
As if all the features above are not enough, there are also loans on the app. Almost everyone at a point in life has a financial emergency. At times the situation is urgent that you might need a loan.
Instead of borrowing loans from Microfinance banks and neighbouring friends, you can just request a loan from the app within a short period of applying.
This app has a timeline similar to Twitter. There is a news feed where you can post and also see what other people are talking about. You can also follow people and vice versa.
There is also an upcoming feature in the app that can help with money-saving and management. It’s called “AJO” which means savings. It allows you to save your money in fragments and you can withdraw whenever you want.
You can save daily, weekly or even monthly.
Benefits of using the Abeg app
There are many benefits you can enjoy by using the Abeg app. Here are some of them:
- Option to send money anonymously. This can be sometimes useful if you do not wish to disclose your identity to the beneficiary.
- You can beg or request money from other users on the app without stress. You can request up to #1,000,000 (one million naira).
- Use the Abeg tag to send money without having to input account details.
- Participate in giveaways and win cash and prizes from other users. You will also get verified if you host a giveaway and you spent up to #250,000.
- Apply for loans when you need them urgently and pay later.
- Have fun and gist while also making transactions on the app. The app news feed is similar to Twitter.
- Abeg Technologies are innovating and updating regularly. They have the best features and user experience for you.
Is it safe to use the Abeg app?
It’s safe and secure to use the Abeg app and all the features that come with it. The money you save in the Abeg app is very safe. This is not a Ponzi scheme or an act of fraud as commonly experienced in Nigeria.
Abeg Technologies Is an independent Limited Liability Company. The head office is located at 7 Ibiyinka, Olorunbe, Lagos State, 101241, Nigeria. There are 6 employees at this office.
Requirements to open an Abeg App account
There are some requirements you need before you can start using the Abeg app. They are listed below.
- A Mobile phone number.
- A valid email address.
- Your Biometrics Verification Number (BVN).
That’s all you need to start enjoying the Abeg app. I know you will agree with me that it’s hassle-free and can be done anywhere with an internet connection. You don’t need to queue in banks or fill in papers.
Abeg app fees
Abeg app is very free to use. However, it deducts #10 every time a user withdraws money to his/her regular Nigerian bank account.
This is cheaper when compared to some e-wallets out there.
Abeg App sign up – How to open an account with Abeg App
To sign up on the Abeg, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Play store and download the Abeg app. It’s also available in the App Store for iPhone users.
- Launch the app and click on “Create an account“.
- Input your full name, your phone number, email address and a secure password that is hard to guess.
- You will receive a one time password (OTP) on your phone. Enter it and wait for submission.
- Verify your BVN so that you can fully use the app.
- You should also create your Abeg Tag. Your Abeg Tag is unique and useful if someone wants to send you money.
How to send money on Abeg App
On the Abeg app, you are allowed to only send money to other users on the Abeg platform. The beneficiary can then withdraw to their bank account once they receive the money.
A step-by-step guide is provided below to guide you through the entire process.
- On your dashboard click on send.
- Input the amount you want to send to the beneficiary.
- Input the Abeg Tag of the person. You can also go through your contacts and select the person.
- You can enter a description of the money you are about to transfer.
- Tap on pay and confirm your action on the next page.
How to request and receive money on Abeg
If you want to request from a user or you want to beg a friend on the Abeg App for money, it’s very easy. Follow the steps below.
- Click on request.
- Input the amount you would like to request. The lowest amount you can request is #1,000 and the highest is #1,000,000.
- Click on request. The user at the other end will receive a notification and will have an option to accept your money request or reject it.
How to withdraw your money from Abeg app
To withdraw money from your Abeg app to your Nigerian account is fast and simple.
- First, you have to link your bank account to your Abeg account.
- Tap and go to your profile page.
- Select wallet balance and click withdraw.
- Enter your bank details and submit.
Kindly note that a service fee of #10 will be charged every time you withdraw to your bank account.
How to top-up or fund your abeg account
Funding your Abeg account is very easy.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on the fund wallet button.
- Your Abeg bank account will be shown.
- You can copy that account number and transfer it to it.
Abeg App Head Office Address
The headquarters of Abeg Technologies is situated in number 7, Ibiyinka, Olorunbe in Lagos State, Nigeria. The zip code for the region is 101241.