Nomba, formerly known as Kudi is one of the most popular Fintech companies in Africa. Their digital banking services make it possible for people to send money, receive funds, pay bills and even make money by being a POS operators. In this guide, you will learn how to use Nomba, pay bills and transfer money. We will also discuss how you can become a Nomba POS agent.
What is Nomba, and how does it work?
Nomba, formerly known as Kudi started when some individuals observed the scarcity of financial service operators in Nigeria. They came up with a way to make transactions easier; digital banking.
Today, Nomba has expanded and now provides POS machine services for agents. Also, Nomba is now all over Africa and no longer restricted to Nigeria.
With the Nomba app, you can send money, receive money, settle your utility bills, renew subscriptions and also do some savings.
The mission of Nomba is to make all classes of people have access to financial services and make transactions at ease. This mission is currently being fulfilled with the help of their POS agents.
Is it safe to use Nomba?
Yes. It’s very safe to use Nomba for your financial services. Over 1 million people are using the Nomba app in Africa, and none has claimed to be defrauded so far.
Requirements to open a Nomba account
It is very easy to use the Nomba app. And there are no special requirements. The things you need to use Nomba services are probably what you already have. This includes:
- A bank account
- A mobile phone number
- Email address
- A means of National Identification
A bank debit/credit card is not compulsory, but it will provide an easy way to fund your Nomba account.
How to open a Nomba account
It’s very easy to become a user of Nomba. All you need to do is download the Nomba app and create your account with your phone number and other details.
To start making transactions, you can fund your Nomba account through USSD, using your debit or credit card, or by making a cash transfer from your bank into your Nomba Account.
Nomba Mobile App Download
To make use of Nomba financial digital services, you have to get the Nomba mobile app. You can get the app from the Google Play Store.
The app has a small size of 15 MB and more than 100,000 downloads. It also has a review rating of 3.9 from over 3,000 users.
How to deposit money into your Nomba account?
After downloading the Nomba mobile app and creating your account within 2 minutes, you have to deposit money into your wallet.
You can fund your Nomba account in 3 ways.
- Through your a bank debit or credit card
- By doing a transfer to your Nomba Top-up Account (KTA) using USSD or bank app
- By visiting a bank branch to do an over-the-counter bank transfer to your Nomba account
How to fund your Nomba wallet with your debit or credit card?
- From your homepage, find the “Fund wallet” button and click on it
- Input the amount you want to load
- Under the payment options, choose “Card Payment”
- If you are yet to link your ATM card, click on “Add a new card”
- Input your bank card details and continue
- An OTP will be sent to your phone as an SMS. Enter the OTP to proceed
- Depending on your bank, you might be directed to another page for confirmation. Either way, you will be redirected back to Nomba once you confirm your details
- Your Nomba wallet will be funded and your account balance will increase
How to fund your Nomba wallet through the √ Top-up Account (KTA) feature?
The Nomba Top-up Account (KTA) is an easy way to fund your Nomba Wallet from any bank.
Each account you open with Nomba has a unique Nomba NUBAN (KTA Number). It’s a 10-digit Account Number that is linked to your Nomba wallet. You can deposit money into your Nomba wallet by using a bank transfer or USSD method.
Either way, select Providus Bank as the bank name and your KTA number as the bank account number. Once you send the money, it will reflect at once in your Nomba wallet.
Fund your Nomba wallet by visiting a bank branch to do an over-the-counter bank transfer
This procedure is also similar to the one above. The only difference is that you are funding your account from a physical bank branch.
- On getting to any Nigerian bank, fill out the fund transfer form as you would on a normal day.
- Your full name (as registered on the Nomba app) will be the beneficiary name.
- Your KTA 10-digit number will be the beneficiary’s account number.
- The bank name will be “Providus bank”.
How to send money on the Nomba mobile app?
Follow the steps here to transfer money through the Nomba app.
- From the homepage, locate and press the “Transfer Money” button
- Select the bank name of the recipient from a list of banks
- Input the recipient’s account number
- Enter the amount you want to send cross-check before submitting
- Input your transaction pin to authorize the transaction
The beneficiary will receive the transferred amount in their bank account. Kindly note that a fixed service charge of ₦20 applies to all money transfers on the Nomba app.
How to withdraw money into your bank account from the Nomba app?
You can have money in your Nomba wallet and want to withdraw it to your bank account. You can do that in 3 different ways.
- Visit a Nomba POS agent outlet
- Make use of bank card withdrawal
- Use the USSD withdrawal option
To withdraw money through your bank card, see the procedure here.
- From your homepage, click on “Withdraw Money”
- Select the “Card Payment” option
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw
- Input your Nomba transaction pin to authorize the withdrawal
- Proceed by providing your card details. An OTP will be sent to the phone number linked to your bank account
- Input the OTP and complete your withdrawal
How to become a Nomba POS agent and make money
You can also become a Nomba POS agent and earn money each time you provide financial services for customers. You will have your shop where people will come and meet you.
You can become a Nomba POS agent in two ways.
Become a Nomba POS agent through merit
To become a Nomba POS agent through merit, make sure you use the Nomba app regularly. You can use it to send and receive money, pay electricity bills, recharge your airtime and pay for DSTV/GOTV/StarTimes Subscription.
After some time, the Nomba staff will contact you and let you know you are eligible to be a POS agent. You can accept or decline this offer.
Become a Nomba POS through payment and application
You can also apply to be a Nomba POS agent. You can follow the steps here.
- Go to the Nomba office nearest to you, or ask an already-existing Nomba POS agent for directions
- Apply for the POS agent form. This will cost you a non-refundable caution fee of ₦20,000
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be given feedback
If your application is approved, you will be given a POS machine and also undergo some training.
Nomba financial services provider has a head office from where they control transactions on the app and also monitor their POS agents. They have a head office in Nigeria and the United States of America.
The Nigerian head office is located at 19b Bosun Adekoya Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.
The American head office is situated at 1776 Sacramento St Apt 311 SAN Francisco CA 94109.
Nomba customer care and email address
For complaints and enquiries, you can always contact Nombai customer support service. They are always happy to hear from you. You can also visit the official Nomba website for frequently asked questions.
Phone number: 01 888 5008
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomba website: nomba.com