Toloka is a crowdsourcing and micro-tasking platform that allows users to earn after completing various tasks. These tasks are usually very simple and do not require any special training. In this post, you will learn how to make money from Toloka.
You will also learn what Toloka is and how it works if Toloka is still a legit platform, how to download the Toloka mobile app for Android and iPhone, how to withdraw your earnings and lots more.
What is Toloka, and how does it work?
Toloka is a crowdsourcing platform and micro-tasking platform powered by Yandex. It was initially launched to improve machine learning and search algorithms. The tasks given to users are usually simple and do not require any special training.
Many of the tasks are from Yandex itself, while some are from individual requesters. Either way, the users (performers or tolokers) will get paid after completing the task. Here’s a brief illustration of how Toloka works.
- Create a Toloka account for free
- Go through a quick training that will briefly teach you how a particular type of task is performed
- Select any task you’re interested in
- Read and understand the instructions before proceeding with the task
- After performing and completing the task, your account balance will increase with the reward amount
- You can always withdraw your earnings from your Toloka account
- You can also refer your friends to Toloka and get a referral bonus per person
Is Toloka legit?
Yes, it is. Toloka is owned and managed by Yandex.
Yandex LLC is a Russian multinational technology company that provides internet products and services to its users.
This includes the popular Yandex search engine, information services, e-commerce products and software, maps and navigation applications, mobile applications, online advertising and more.
Toloka was founded in 2014, and since then, millions of task performers (Tolokers) have been earning quick money from it.
Although you won’t earn an amount that will buy you a car or pay your next rent, you will earn money enough to pay small bills and buy yourself snacks.
Supported regions/languages on Toloka
Toloka is being used in many countries of the world. You can sign up for Toloka if the official language of your country is among the ones below.
- Simplified Chinese
Toloka mobile app download
iPhone users can also download and install Toloka from the Apple App Store.
How to create an account on Toloka
- Visit the webpage here to register or log in
- Provide your email address. This email must be linked to a Yandex account
- Press the “Register” button
- Alternatively, you can register with your phone number. Either way, a confirmation code will be sent
- Provide the code to continue. On the next page, input your first name, last name and then a password
- Toloka will ask for your date of birth and permission to show you tasks with content over 18 years of age
- Accept the terms of the user agreement and license
- Indicate your country of residence and the languages you can speak, read and write
What kind of tasks can you perform on Toloka to make money?
Here are tasks you can perform on Toloka:
1. Improving search algorithms
Data labelling helps to improve search quality and effectively tune result ranking algorithms. Toloka users can perform tasks that will help developers to improve the algorithm of whatever artificial intelligence they’re developing.
2. Machine learning
Your favourite search engines, chatbots, digital dictionaries, auto-reply calls, calculators, maps, image converters, etc all make use of machine learning to improve their experience.
Developers can use Toloka to improve the Knowledge of their software solutions. Toloka users will be asked to describe objects defined by a computer in an image.
For instance, if developers want AI software to identify the objects in an image, they have to train it by giving it positive and negative examples.
For this to work, precise information is needed about what kind of objects they are. Toloka users can be asked to identify the objects in an image, which will in turn be used to improve the experience of the machine.
3. Audit and marketing research
Toloka users can be asked to perform tasks like checking the quality of an online store or delivery service. They can also be asked to give reviews about products and services.
Experiments like these will allow the owners to adjust the quality of their service and identify their weaknesses.
4. Choosing designs and names for new products and services
Toloka users can also be asked to choose the best designs and names for new products and services. They can also be asked to pick an appropriate name for chatbots and voice assistants.
5. Other tasks
There are many other tasks that users can perform on Toloka and receive payments for. They can be asked to transcribe speech, mark faces in videos, indicate incorrect words in a write-up, etc.
How to withdraw your earnings on Toloka
You can always withdraw money in your local currency through PayPal, Skrill, and Payoneer. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to withdraw money through YooMoney, QIWI or Papara.
Here’s how to withdraw money from your Toloka account:
- From your dashboard, navigate to the “My money” page
- Select your preferred payment system
- Click on “Withdraw”
- Input the amount and fill in other details
- Follow the prompts and complete the withdrawal
You can also cancel your withdrawal request if the transaction is not yet processed. Click on the “Cancel Request” button from the Actions history block.
Withdrawals usually take a few hours or days, but they can take more time on rare occasions. The maximum transfer time is 30 days, and you can always check the status in the Actions history block.
Learn more about Withdrawals on Toloka.
Where is the Toloka head office located?
Toloka has a head office in Switzerland from where they manage all the crowdsourcing and microtasking services they offer.
Toloka’s head office is located at Werftestrasse 4, 6005 Lucerne, Switzerland.
Toloka customer care and email address
You can always contact Toloka for questions and inquiries. They have customer support staff that will attend to you.
Email address: Tolokercare@toloka.ai