NowNow is a Fintech application on your mobile phone that makes it easy to do everyday banking transactions. This post shares vital info on how to use NowNow, how to send money, how to pay utility bills, and lots more.
What is NowNow and how does it work?
NowNow is a financial technology services provider. Although it’s not a bank at the moment of writing this article, NowNow offers banking services similar to your banking apps.
You can use it to carry out daily transactions like airtime top-up, money transfers to other banks, payment of bills, online shopping, and many other services. You can also receive money from another NowNow user and then withdraw it to your local bank account.
All you need to do is download the NowNow mobile app on your mobile phone and create an account.
Benefits of using NowNow
1. NowNow can be used as a second bank account in case you need one. You won’t have to queue in front of bank buildings or go through much paperwork.
2. You can recharge your mobile phone at any time without worrying about huge service charges from normal banks.
3. Utility bills can be paid easily on the NowNow app. The same thing applies to data subscriptions and purchases of goods on the internet.
4. With the NowNow banking app, you can send, receive, withdraw and store funds easily.
5. Are you broke? You can always request money from your friends and relatives if they’re users of the NowNow app.
6. NowNow gives cashback prices and discount coupons to its users. The reward depends on the number of transactions you make on the app.
7. With NowNow, you can easily make payments at POS outlets (where NowNow is accepted).
8. Do you know you can also use NowNow as a reliable source of income? You become a NowNow POS agent and earn profit from transactions.
Is it safe to use NowNow?
Yes. More than 100,000 people have downloaded the NowNow app. So far, none of them has claimed to be stolen from or duped.
NowNow is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a mobile money operator. Also, all your money saved or sent to the app is insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).
Requirements to open an account on NowNow
To create an account and make transactions on the NowNow app, you have to be 18 years of age or older. You will also have to provide some details such as:
- A valid phone number
- Your email address
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The next step is to download the NowNow app on your mobile phone.
NowNow mobile app download
Android phone users can download the NowNow app from the Google play store. If you use an iOS device, you can download and install it from the Apple App Store.
How to deposit money into your NowNow account
Before making any transactions on the app, you have to deposit money. This can be any amount, and you can fund your NowNow wallet using your bank ATM card.
You can also deposit money through a banking app.
- Navigate to the “send money” page on any banking app.
- Choose “NowNow digital systems” as the name of the bank
- Type your NowNow account number. The last 10 digits of the number you used to register your NowNow account is your account number by default
- Input the amount of money you want to send
- Provide your security pin to authorize the transaction
The money will be debited from your bank account and credited into your NowNow mobile wallet. Now go back to the NowNow app and start making transactions.
How to send money on NowNow
It’s very fast and easy to send money to friends and family members on NowNow. You can also send it to other users.
- Open the app and click on the “Send Money” button on your dashboard
- Click on “To Mobile No” to search for the contact number of the beneficiary. Remember, the last 10 digits of the beneficiary’s contact number is the account number
- Input the amount you want to send
- Press the “Pay Now” button to proceed
- Input your transaction pin to complete the transaction
The money will be deducted from your NowNow account and credited to the receiver’s wallet.
How to pay bills on NowNow
Paying your utility bills on NowNow is very easy. All you need to do is deposit the required amount and then follow the steps here.
- From your dashboard, press the “Pay Bills” button
- Choose the bill category from the list
- Select the service type and operator you want to pay for
- Enter your correct customer ID (or decoder number if you’re paying for a TV cable subscription)
- Select your subscription plan
- Input the amount of money you want to pay
- Provide your password to authorize the transaction
How to withdraw money from NowNow into your bank account?
You can also withdraw money to your local bank account from your NowNow wallet. We have outlined the procedure here.
- Launch the app. From your NowNow dashboard, click on send money
- Remember that you’re not sending to a NowNow user this time around. You’re sending it to a bank
- Click on “To Bank”.
- Choose the account type. It may be a current or savings account
- Input your bank account number (or that of a friend if you’re sending it to their bank account)
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Provide your security pin to authorize the transaction
Where is the NowNow head office located?
NowNow has a physical office in Nigeria where they manage the financial services they offer.
You can also visit the office for complaints and enquiries. It is located at Plot 239/241 Ikorodu Road Town Planning, Ilupeju, Lagos State, Nigeria.
NowNow customer support and email address
For questions and complaints, you can speak with NowNow. They have customer support staff that will attend to you. You can contact them via their email address and their social media channels.