Barter by Flutterwave: Send and receive money from Africa, cards & more
Barter by Flutterwave is a Fintech application that allows users to send and receive money from other countries at cheap exchange rates. Barter is easy to use and works like a digital wallet. In this post, you will learn how to use Barter, how to send and receive money from Africa, and lots more.
What is Barter by Flutterwave, and how does it work?
Barter is a Fintech product created and powered by Flutterwave. At the moment of writing this article, more than 500,000 users are using Barter to send money to other people, both in Africa and beyond.
With Barter, you can send and receive payments from other users in Africa, pay your utility bills and create a virtual visa card that you can use to buy goods on the internet.
You can also request money from other users on Barter. A message will be sent to them. Once they click on the message, they will be asked to either approve or reject your money request.
If the user approves the money request, he/she will be prompted to input his/her transaction pin. Once that is done, the money will be sent to your Barter wallet.
Barter digital financial services can be accessed from a browser or a mobile app.
Barter by Flutterwave: Supported countries
Barter digital financial services are available in multiple countries, both in Africa and Europe. Here’s a list of the countries where Barter by Flutterwave is being used.
- Ghana 🇬🇭
- Kenya 🇰🇪
- Nigeria 🇳🇬
- Uganda 🇺🇬
- Rwanda 🇷🇼
- South Africa 🇿🇦
- Tanzania 🇹🇿
- Zambia 🇿🇲
- Cameroon 🇨🇲
- The Ivory Coast 🇨🇮
- The United States 🇺🇸
- Canada 🇨🇦
- The United Kingdom 🇬🇧
Barter by Flutterwave is also available in numerous European countries:
- Austria 🇦🇹
- Belgium 🇧🇪
- Cyprus 🇨🇾
- Estonia 🇪🇪
- France 🇫🇷
- Finland 🇫🇮
- Germany 🇩🇪
- Greece 🇬🇷
- Ireland 🇮🇪
- Italy 🇮🇹
- Latvia 🇱🇻
- Lithuania 🇱🇹
- Luxembourg 🇱🇺
- Malta 🇲🇹
- The Netherlands 🇳🇱
- Portugal 🇵🇹
- Slovakia 🇸🇰
- Slovenia 🇸🇮
- Spain 🇪🇸
Is it safe to use Barter by Flutterwave?
Yes. Barter by Flutterwave is very safe to use, due to many reasons. Firstly, Flutterwave is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to act as an international mobile money operator.
Secondly, more than half a million people make use of the Barter digital wallet. So far, no one has claimed to be defrauded by the management.
Barter by Flutterwave: Mobile app download
You can use Barter digital services on the web. You can also download and install the mobile app.
If you own an Android device, you can download the Barter by Flutterwave app from the Google Play Store.
Users of iPhone devices can also download Barter from the Apple App Store.
How to deposit money into your Barter wallet
Before you can start making transactions on Barter by Flutterwave, you need to deposit some money into your wallet. You can easily do that with your debit or credit card.
- From your dashboard, locate the “fund wallet” button
- There’s an option to use your account number or your debit/credit card. Click on latter
- Input the numbers imprinted on your debit card and that’s all. All other details will be automatically generated
- Input the amount of money you want to load into your wallet
- Provide the debit/credit card PIN to proceed
- Depending on your country and type of bank, a One Time Password (OTP) may be sent to your phone number. Input the code and complete the transaction
Your Barter digital wallet will be credited with the amount inputted. You can start making transactions on Barter.
How to send money on Barter by Flutterwave
Note that you can send money to users in your country and also banks in other countries. Here’s how to do it.
- From your dashboard, click on “Send Money”
- If you’re sending money to another country, press the “Send Money Abroad” button
- Input the amount you want to transfer
- From a list, select the currency of the recipient. It will also show the exchange rate, service charges and speed of the transaction
- Input the account details of the recipient (can be a bank account or mobile money)
- Provide your Barter pin to authorize the transaction
How to request money on Barter by Flutterwave
As we said earlier on, you can request money from other users on Barter. Follow the steps below.
- From your dashboard, locate and press “Send Money”
- From your list of contacts, select the user you want to request money from
- Input the amount you are requesting for
- Provide your Barter PIN to authorize the request
Your money request will be sent to the contact selected. Once the user accepts the request, the money will be credited to your Barter wallet.
How to withdraw money from Barter into your bank account?
If you have money in your Barter account and you want to withdraw it to your local bank account, it’s very easy. It’s just like sending money to other banks, only this time, you’re sending it to your own bank account.
- On your Barter dashboard, locate and press the “Send Money” button
- Input the amount you want to withdraw to your bank account
- Select the currency of your bank account
- Input your bank account details
- Cross-check and confirm everything and then proceed
- Input your Barter transaction PIN
The amount you entered will be transferred to your local bank account. Enjoy your money.
Where is the Barter head office located?
Barter by Flutterwave has a physical office in the United States as well as in Nigeria. From these head offices, they manage the Fintech services they offer.
You can also visit the office for complaints and enquiries.
- United States: 1323 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Nigeria: 8 Providence Street, Lekki Phase One, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria
Barter by Flutterwave: Customer support and email address
You can always reach out to the Barter customer support team if you have questions and complaints. They have customer support staff that will attend to you. You can also contact them through their email address and their social media channels.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss a thing. Follow us on Telegram. If you love videos then also Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We are on Twitter as MakeMoneyDotNG.