Tingtel: Buy, sell, send and swap airtime & more
Tingtel is an android app that allows users to Buy, Sell and send Airtime. You can also fund third-party wallets and pay utility bills with airtime. This post explains how to use Tingtel, and how to buy, sell, send and pay bills with airtime.
You will also learn the benefits of Tingtel, the steps to download the mobile app, and also how to shop online and pay with your airtime.
What is Tingtel, and how does it work?
Tingtel limited is a digital platform that makes life easier for its users.
While most digital applications focus on internet banking, Tingtel solves all problems that most Nigerians face while buying, sending and selling airtime.
Anytime you buy or sell airtime, you will get what you paid for in less than 5minutes.
Benefits of using Tingtel
There are many features on Tingtel, which means more benefits. Here are some of them.
1. Tingtel users can buy airtime for any network in Nigeria at the best rates.
2. With the Tingtel mobile app, you can sell airtime whenever you wish to do so. The money will be credited to your Nigerian bank account within a 5-minute window.
3. You can always convert your airtime to pay utility bills whenever you feel the need to. You can use it to renew your data and cable TV subscriptions, electricity bills and other utility bills.
4. Another benefit of the Tingtel mobile app is that it lets users use their Airtime to fund online wallets, shop and pay for products online, buy gift cards and many more without using a bank card.
5. One of the limitations of network service providers is the restriction of transfer to a particular network. For example, you may have ₦2,000 on your MTN SIM and just ₦80 on your Airtel SIM.
Now, ₦80 is barely enough to purchase any data plan on Airtel. Also, Nigerian service providers don’t allow users to send airtime to another network. In a case like this, the only possibility is to recharge your Airtel SIM. But what if you’re broke?
Well, that’s what the Tingtel mobile app is for. It allows Nigerians to transfer and swap airtime from one network to another.
6. Another Tingtel feature, known as Tingtel ID lets users send airtime anonymously. If you want to send airtime to someone without revealing your identity (for reasons known to you), Tingtel is the mobile app to use.
Is it safe to use Tingtel?
Yes. As of the moment of writing this article, Tingtel is one of the most trusted airtime service providers in Nigeria. More than 100,000 Nigerians use the app and none has sued Tingtel nor claimed to be defrauded.
Tingtel mobile app download
You can download the Tingtel mobile app from the Google Play Store.
It has a small size of 15 MB and over 100,000 downloads. It currently has a review rating of 4.5 from over 4,200 users.
What is Tingtel ID?
A Tingtel ID is just like a username that can only be used by one user. With a Tingtel ID, you can send airtime to other users anonymously.
You don’t need to know the receiver’s phone number and network before sending the airtime. Also, your phone number will not be shown to the receiver at the other end.
How to get your Tingtel ID
If you like the Tingtel ID feature and you want to try it, follow the steps here.
Through USSD Code
- Launch the dialer app on your mobile phone
- Dial*347*85#. Make sure you use the phone number linked to your Tingtel account
- After a few minutes, you will receive a text with your Tingtel ID
Through the Tingtel mobile app
- Launch the Tingtel mobile app installed on your phone
- From your dashboard, click on “Airtime QR”
- Choose the SIM you want to receive Airtime on
- Your Tingtel ID will be shown below your QR Code
How to buy airtime on Tingtel
Follow these steps to buy airtime for yourself or another person on the Tingtel mobile app.
- From your dashboard, click on “Buy Airtime”
- Input the phone number of the beneficiary
- You can also provide the Tingtel ID if you want to send it anonymously
- Input the amount of airtime you want to buy and proceed
- The next page is for payment. From one of the options, select your preferred payment methods
How to transfer or swap airtime on Tingtel
If you want to send airtime to another user on Tingtel, follow these steps.
- From your dashboard, click on “Airtime Transfer”
- Provide the phone number of the beneficiary. (You can also swap, i.e send from one network to another)
- You can also input the Tingtel ID if you don’t want the beneficiary to know your identity
- Select the SIM you want to transfer from
- Input the amount of airtime you want to transfer
- Provide your security PIN and press the “Transfer” button to complete your airtime transfer.
How to shop online with Airtime on Tingtel
As we said earlier on, you can use Tingtel to shop and pay for goods online. Here’s how to go about it.
- From your dashboard, click on “Airtime Sell”
- Input the account details of the vendor you want to pay
- Select the SIM you want to sell your Airtime
- Input the amount of money you want to send
- On the next page, provide your Tingtel transaction PIN
How to sell your airtime on Tingtel
You can convert your airtime to cash on the Tingtel mobile app and withdraw the money into your Nigerian bank account. Follow the steps below.
- From your dashboard, click on “Airtime Sell”
- This time around, you’re not sending it to a vendor. So, you should input your own bank account details
- Click on the “Continue” button
- Choose the SIM you want to sell airtime from
- Input the amount of airtime you want to sell
- Provide your security PIN and press the Sell button
The amount will be credited to your bank account within 5 minutes.
Where is Tingtel’s head office located?
Tingtel has a physical office in Nigeria from where they manage the airtime services they offer.
You can also visit their office for complaints and enquiries. It is located at 29 Ribadu Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Tingtel customer care and email address
If you have complaints and enquiries, you can always contact Tingtel customer support service. They are always happy to hear from you. You can also visit the official Tingtel website and browse through the frequently asked questions.
For phone calls: 09024611160, 09036774509
Email address: email@example.com
Don't miss a thing. Follow us on Telegram. If you love videos then also Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We are on Twitter as MakeMoneyDotNG.