WorldRemit is an international money transfer service provider that sends money to over 140 countries of the world. In this post, you will learn how to send money on WorldRemit, how to make international bank transfers, how to withdraw, and lots more.
What is WorldRemit and how does it work?
WorldRemit is a financial services provider that allows users to send, receive, or keep money in many currencies. All the financial services are processed through the WorldRemit app.
The mobile app has a smooth interface, and it’s safe to use. WorldRemit is available for download both on the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store.
What services do WorldRemit offer?
- Cash pickup services
- Bank transfer services
- Mobile money services
- Airtime Top-up services
- Home Delivery service
WorldRemit supported countries
WorldRemit is available in more than 130 countries. Click on each region/territory to see the countries where WorldRemit is supported.
Is it safe to use WorldRemit?
Yes. WorldRemit Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Payment Service Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
WorldRemit Registration number with this regulatory body is “900891.”
WorldRemit mobile app download
Android users can download and install WorldRemit from the Google Play Store. iPhone users can also download WorldRemit from the iOS store.
Available deposit methods on WorldRemit
- Card (debit, credit, and prepaid)
- Bank Account Transfer
- Klarna (Sofort)
- Apple Pay
- Mobile Money (electronic wallet service)
How to send money on WorldRemit
Sending money on WorldRemit is not hard. The process is straightforward.
1. From your Wallet tab, select one of the currency account tiles that you want to send money from.
2. Press the “Transfer” button.
3. Select an existing recipient or add a new one.
4. Select either your country or another country.
5. Input the amount you want to send. WorldRemit transaction fees and currency conversion rates will be shown on your device.
6. Choose how you want your recipient to receive that money. This can be a cash pick-up, crediting to their bank account or mobile money account.
There’s also a pay-out option, but it’s not available in all countries.
7. Click on “Pay Now” to authorize your transfer.
WorldRemit will send you a confirmation email. Both you and the recipient will also get updated by SMS at intervals.
How long will it take for the money to get to the recipient?
If you’re sending it to a bank, it will take 1 to 2 working days, depending on the country where the money is being sent to.
Cash pickup and mobile money transfers will be available to collect instantly.
Home delivery will take 24 hours to 7 days, depending on your location.
How to receive money to your WorldRemit Wallet
If you have already activated your WorldRemit Wallet, the money will automatically add to your account balance and will be available for withdrawal into any bank account.
1. You don’t have to pay any transaction fee to receive the money. The sender would have done all that.
2. If someone sends money to you from a WorldRemit Wallet, but you haven’t yet signed up for one, you will be given 2 weeks to create an account and claim the money.
3. If the recipient doesn’t open a WorldRemit account or claim the money within 2 weeks, it will be returned and the sender will be refunded.
How to withdraw money from WorldRemit into your bank account?
You can withdraw money from your WorldRemit wallet to a local bank account, to a mobile money account, or a cash pick-up location.
Here’s how to go about it.
1. From your wallet tab, click on the currency account tiles that you want to withdraw money from.
2. Click on Transfer.
3. Press the “Withdraw” button.
4. On the next page, choose how you want to receive that money. It can be through a local bank account, online wallet or pick-up location.
5. Input the amount of money that you want to withdraw.
6. Press the “Withdraw Now” button and provide your transaction PIN to authorize your withdrawal.
WorldRemit service charges: How much does WorldRemit charge per transaction?
On WorldRemit, you can send money to more them 139 other countries.
Each of these countries has its own policies for receiving cross-border funds, so the processing and transaction fees are different.
WorldRemit transaction charges depend on:
- The amount of money you want to send
- The country you are sending money to
Note that currency conversion fees will also be charged if you’re sending money to another country.
International bank transfers on WorldRemit
How to make an international bank transfer on WorldRemit
- From your dashboard, select the country you want to send money to
- Input the amount you want to send to the recipient
- Provide your recipient’s personal details (name, address, phone number)
- Provide your recipient’s bank details (bank name, IBAN and SWIFT code)
- Pay for your transaction and follow the prompts
How long do international bank transfers take?
How long it will take for the money to reach the beneficiary majorly depends on his/her location. It can take any time between 1 to 2 working days.
How much does an international bank transfer cost?
WorldRemit transaction charges for international bank transfers vary depending on the country where the recipient is located.
However, WorldRemit won’t charge any fees on your very first international bank transfer, regardless of the country to which you’re sending to.
WorldRemit customer support
You can always contact WorldRemit whenever you have any questions or complaints. They have customer support staff that will attend to you.
You can send WorldRemit a message through their online friendly message agent, WRemy. You can also give them a direct call, depending on your current country of residence.
- Somaliland: +252 252 3737
- South Africa: +27 105 0069 22
- Rwanda: +250 788 129 800
- Uganda: 0800 113 017
- Japan: +81 3 4588 8160
- Hong Kong: +852 800 938 101
- Malaysia: +60 1800 818 717
- Philippines: +63 285 4000 31
- Australia: +61 1800 569135
- New Zealand: +64 800 995 011
- Belgium: +32 800 54282
- Croatia:+38 517 776 397
- Denmark: +45 7879 2981
- France: +33 805 220535
- Italy: +39 06 94803110
- Germany: +49 800 112 2299
- Netherlands: +31 203 697 480
- Norway: +47 21 99 94 85
- Spain: +34 900 839 435
- Sweden: +46 4 1088 0200
- Switzerland: +414 350 86414
5. The United Kingdom
- UK: +44 203 9666899
6. USA & Canada
- Canada: +1 833 596 0890
- Canada (French): +1 833 719 0499
- USA: +1 855 383 7579
7. Rest of the world
- Other countries: +44 203 9666899
Don't miss a thing. Follow us on Telegram. If you love videos then also Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We are on Twitter as MakeMoneyDotNG.